Imunify360 is a multilayer new generation web server security solution. It filters attacks and bots on application layer and provides complex protection against ALL threats. It uses machine learning with intelligent AI that dynamically identifies threats and updates its network in real-time.
VPSBG is using Imunify360 for our cPanel cloud servers to protect our customers' websites on the shared hosting service.
Here are the main functions:
- Protection against many kinds of threats to your web server, including distributed brute force attack, bots scanning as well as securing your web applications against malware injections and intrusion attacks.
- The self learning technology will analyze the global network and ban attackers before they even have launched an attack against you.
- Using advanced Captcha to avoid false-positive and to vet website visitors. This ensures good traffic gets through, while bots and attacks get filtered by the central intrusion system and reputation management.
- Scans for malware infected files and quarantine them.
- Automatically patches the kernel with latest updates and protects older PHP versions from vulnerabilities.
Imunify360 also has a unique method of identifying security risks: Imunify360's Proactive Defense - it analyzes what scripts do rather than what is actually in the code, then blocks potentially malicious executions automatically and with zero latency.
Imunify360 utilizes a six-layer approach - all controlled by the Centralized Incident Management:
1. Advanced Firewall
Imunify360 offers advanced firewall protection that uses herd immunity and artificial intelligence to detect new threats and by using one common network to protect all servers that run the software. The firewall is capable of defending against brute force attacks, DoS attacks, and port scans.
The firewall is integrated with mod_security web application firewalls to dramatically enhance its usefulness. To make things even more advanced, a Captcha system is employed to reduce false positives and make sure that valid customers can reach your website.
There is also White List, Gray List and Black list management.
2. Intrusion Detection and Protection System
This system replaces cpHulk and is one of the most advanced policy blocker of all known attacks. The Intrusion Detection System (IDS) provides excellent visibility of server security by monitoring server logs. It scans log files from all different angles and bans IPs that show malicious signs, such as password failures, potential exploits, etc.
3. Malware Detection
Imunify360 automatically scans file systems for malware injection and quarantines infected files. It can also restore the latest clean version of the file.
4. Proactive Defense
Checks scripts execution in real time and blocks threats based on what the script result is, not what the code is. This way it can block attacks that were not detected by the scanner.
5. Reputation Management
This feature monitors if your site was added to google blacklist as malware distribution threat. This means that before the search results are downgraded you can act and clean your website to prevent that in advance, instead of finding out months later. You do not have to actively monitor your website and leave this job to the Reputation Management.
All our servers are deployed with KernelCare software, that allows kernel patching without reboot of the system. This means all security issues are quickly patched and updated without downtime.
Since using Immunify for quite some time now, we are happy to report that hacking and malicious activities are almost gone now and our customers are very well protected with Imunify360.