Effective as of May 25, 2018
Inquiries regarding the AUP should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") incorporates by reference your Customer Terms of Service Agreement ("Agreement"). All terms not specifically defined in this AUP shall have the corresponding meaning provided in the Agreement.
Your Services may be suspended or terminated for violation of this AUP in accordance with your Agreement with VPS.BG.
Our services can be used only for lawful purposes. All kind of abusive action, usage, transfer, storage or linking to data which is in a violation of one or more Bulgarian
law(s) is strictly prohibited.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's authorization;
- Disruption or interference of any data system or network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device;
- Unauthorized collection or use of e-mail addresses, screen names or other identifiers (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password engineering, scraping and harvesting);
- Use of any false, misleading, or deceptive header information in an email or a newsgroup posting;
- Use of the service to distribute software that covertly gathers information about a user or covertly transmits information about the user;
- Use of the service for distribution of advertisement delivery software unless: (i) the user affirmatively consents to the download and installation of such software based on a clear and conspicuous notice of the nature of the software, and (ii) the software is easily removable by use of standard tools for such purpose included on major operating systems;
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the VPS.BG network or website, or VPS.BG's employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS);
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Information or software which is in violation of any copyright laws;
- Information or software which prejudice the dignity of other citizens or contains any racial, sexual or religious discrimination;
- Information or software which present a danger to the community or any other that compromises privacy or privacy protection laws of other citizens;
- Information or any data or software which are against commonly accepted ethical standards or Bulgarian laws.
2. Excessive Use of System Resources
You may not use any shared system provided by VPS.BG in a way that unnecessarily interferes with the normal operation of the shared system, or that consumes a
disproportionate share of the resources of the system. You agree that VPS.BG may quarantine or delete any data stored on a shared system if the data is infected with a
virus, or is otherwise corrupted, or has the potential to infect or corrupt the system or other data that is stored on the same system.
VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting:
- As in all VPS environments, CPU cores and disk I/O are shared among multiple VPSes. If your VPS is consistently maxing out one full core or more and impacting the performance of other client servers sharing the same host node, we may ask you to reduce your usage. Load may be generated by CPU usage and/or I/O. Disruptive load may result in a reboot, shutdown, and/or suspension of the VPS regardless of the time lapse involved.
Dedicated Instances (VDS - Virtual Dedicated Servers):
- VDS CPU cores are dedicated per VDS. You may use 100% of your allocated CPU indefinitely. I/O and network ports are shared like a VPS, so we may ask you to reduce your usage and/or shutdown your VDS in an abusive situation.
Monthly transfer (bandwidth traffic) for both VPS and VDS is based on the monthly plans, after exceeding the monthly transfer, the speed is reduced to 2 Mbps. Additional monthly transfer bandwidth can be purchased upon request.
Shared hosting (Cloudlinux cPanel hosting):
- Excessive CPU usage is considered a serious misuse of resources on a shared hosting. We recommend using a good caching plugin or application or upgrade to VDS hosting if your website requires high CPU utilization.
- Our shared hosting product is not a replacement for a file storage or CDN. If you are found hosting files that use a larger portion of storage and/or bandwidth than what is considered typical for a shared hosting environment, we may ask you to reduce your usage or upgrade to a virtual server. Excessive bandwidth usage due to website abuse or bruteforce attacks may result in suspension of services. Streaming, ffmpeg, its alternatives, and mass video streaming websites are not allowed on our shared hosting;
- VPS.BG provides jailed SSH access for our shared hosting customers as a courtesy. If you are found installing or running processes that are meant for a non-shared environment (voice servers, shoutcast, etc.), those processes will be killed and your SSH access will be removed. SSH access should only be used for file and permission management and other day to day tasks that are more easily accomplished via a terminal;
- Shared hosting can not be used to host Proxies (private or public).
All kind of disruptive resource usage is forbidden:
- All activity, intentional or not, which consumes enough resources so that it will affect the other Customers' services or the hardware node;
- All kind of software or activity, which is considered abuse of resources and is normally not suitable for a VPS service;
- All kind of disruptive network usage.
VPS.BG reserves the right to terminate the service, which uses resources many times more than the average usage of the other Customers.
3. Vulnerability Testing
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a VPS.BG system or network, or to breach the VPS.BG security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without VPS.BG's express written consent. If you are a VPS.BG customer and need to perform a penetration test, let us know beforehand by emailing support@VPS.BG.
4. Newsgroups, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as Internet Relay Chat and
USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your VPS.BG services. A breach of any of the provisions of this section may result in immediate termination of your Agreement with VPS.BG.
No credit will be available under the Agreement for interruptions of Services resulting from any AUP violation.
- You may only use Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses assigned to you by VPS.BG in connection with your VPS.BG services;
- You agree that if VPS.BG IP numbers assigned to your account are listed on an abuse database including, without limitation, Spamhaus, you will be in violation of this AUP, and VPS.BG may take reasonable action to protect its IP addresses, including suspension and/or termination of your service, regardless of whether the IP addresses were listed as a result of your actions;
- You agree that if you register a Domain Name System ("DNS") record or zone on VPS.BG managed or operated DNS servers or services for a domain in which you are not the registrant or administrative contact according to the registrar's WHOIS system, then, upon request from the registrant or administrative contact according to the registrar's WHOIS system, VPS.BG may modify, transfer, or delete such records or zones;
- You may not register to use any services under a false name, or use an invalid or unauthorized credit card in connection with any services.
Amendments to this AUP may be made at any time without notice and you should check back frequently for any changes.
This policy was last updated on May 25, 2018.